A couple weeks ago I posted my top 5 reasons to use PDF patterns. However, there are also some really good reasons to use paper patterns. Here are my top 5 reasons to use paper patterns.
- Cheaper – This is a big one! JoAnns regularly has patterns for $.99. You can’t beat that price. Even if you have to buy more than one to get all the sizes you need, it’s still a great deal! Even WalMart sells patterns.
- Perfect for personal use – If you aren’t selling what you make, then paper patterns make perfect sense.
- No printer, ink, or paper required – Paying for ink and paper can be expensive! Having patterns printed at a copy/print shop can save your printer ink, but it’s still going to cost you. Paper patterns avoid this.
- Easier to store – I don’t know about anyone else, but I have a terrible time storing my PDF patterns. Once they’re taped together, there’s no easy way to store them. Paper patterns are fairly easy to fold up and put back into the envelope they came in.
- One stop shopping – you can look through three or four different designer catalogs at one store.
I think they can be summed up into one word – convenience.
What about you – do you prefer paper patterns or PDF patterns? Why?